• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Itronics - ITB-100HD

goose

hi calvin,

nice catch! does the camera comes with all the components as shown? may we know wat ride your class is?

my ride is W204 and wanna how the installation going to be?

does the motion recording works?

and the video quailty good?

please to heard?

thanks

Yes everything in the webpage was included in the packaging. Currently using family's PFL W204 C200K and the DVR is wired up to the fuse box for 24hr recording capabilities with auto cutoff if batt falls below 11.8v.

Motion recording in park mode works beautifully 

Installation was just below the mirror initially but stuckout a bit under the mirror so I had it shifted to the left of the mirror to hide it from the drivers view. The camera has a wide angle lens and can see the corners without difficulty.

Vid quality is excellent as you can see from the MCF webpage there are night and day shots supplied there so I wont bother reproducing more videos.

I've taken the resolution down from 1080 to 720 which gives me 30 mins more recording time at little loss in picture quality, using the supplied software from itronics contained in the OEM SDcard supplied with the unit, and bought a 32GB SDcard from sim lim (class 4 type more then enough) 5th floor (best buy) under $28.

Hope this helps you all out cheers !

• 2 weeks later...
Will installing this void the warranty?

Wha piangz if you want to ask this sorta question pls stay away. I never cared about warranty when modding car, at the worst just remove if something goes terribly wrong. Come on people you've got to stop asking the same old overused question over and over again about warranty no one can predict what your SE will say on that day if you bring your car in. By the way if you change rims does anyone say will void warranty as well ?

Calvincn,

The reason I asked is because CNC says that if I buy the camera from them (dont know what brand / price) then it doesn't void the warranty. Unfortunately I've also bough this online. I much prefer not to void my warranty so I might have to sell my itronics.

Please by all means i am not c&c and can't be too bothered by what they say as all I see are them trying to get you to buy their product.

Plus if you already know that they said its going to void the warranty whats the point in asking ?

By asking here when you already know the answer is futility in itself, as what I say holds absolutely no water in the eyes of c&c.

If you really don't wish to void warranty yep don't install ANYTHING other then what came stock with the car, i.e no in car iPhone/ipad charger (as its electrics just like the dvr) no cushions as it may spoil the leather seats, no white bulbs or HiDs, no engine ECU tune, no 3rd party spoiler, don't even think of repainting that scratch on your car or even getting it polished or even washed outside of the c&c workshop, no rims/tyres thats not bought from c&c (handling is affected and steering), don't even INSERT a cd/dvd into the cd changer (as if it jams it will void your radio/electric warranty). 

So you have to ask yourself where does the madness all stop ? Every single thread here that starts will always contain the question that has been asked and answered upteen times and its pretty much the same, if you're gonna add/mod/change ANYTHING just take it as its gonna void your warranty with c&c, so I think its high time to just say screw it and enjoy the car, the fantastic ride and the mods that personalise it as your very own pride and joy, and if the SE says it doesn't then you're one of the lucky ones. 

Anyways please don't take this the wrong way this is in no way a personal attack on ANYONE just a rant thats been itching to get out.

Cheers and wishing everyone here yep that includes you, thehorse a very happy new year and a great 2013 !

• Like 2

Any issues so far from the exposure under the hot Singapore sun? Heard that some cameras end up blurry and fuddy in the afternoon due to the noon sun. Wife's office has an non-covered car-park so checking if that's an issue as am looking to get an IVR soon.

I park outdoors regularly and there's no overheating issue so far.  However, I have experienced the power cut off in parking surveillance mode in a few hours rather than the 48 hours setting or 11.8V setting set in my power magic.  The AD's appointed installer mentioned this happened in a few mercs.  I had my setting changed from the initial 12V to 11.8V.  Given that my battery is relatively new, I doubt my problem is due to a weak battery.

Clap clap!! Well said Cal!! So will void warranty or not no more?? This kinda question will never ends lah!! After another batch of newbies will ask the same question. "WILL VOID WARRANTY OR NOT"!!

Happy new year folks!! Enjoy yr mods, remember that this is yr car not See&See!! :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Odessus" data-cid="162556" data-time="1357461628"><p>

That's not kiasu bro. It's kiasi. :D</p></blockquote>

Bro, all still better than I kia bor.... :(

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Bro I saw that already however it is a simple matter of how things work here. One does not post wts ads on other people thread even more so because of restrictions put in place by mods designed to stop random people simply signing up to sell their stuff.

The ability to post a wts ad is a privilege not a right and OTing a thread is just simply not the right thing to do.

Sorry Bro thehorse but kindly adhere to the rules by which you agreed when you registered for membership in this forum. When you have enough posts you are welcomed to post in the relevant section of this forum.

Bro this is NOT a sales thread

Lol guess you never see the part where he says he don't have enough post to post on the sales thread

Read this thread for info

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2683426

After reading this I ordered from ebay already. Cost is abt SGD$260 comes with the power saver thingy. Anything wrong can always send back to korea for exchange cheap n good hahahah.

P.s. Ebay seller is name apple-ct

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITRONICS-ITB-100HD-8GB-1080P-Full-HD-Car-Recorder-with-GPS-Uninterrupted-Power-/261132347044?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item3cccb366a4

Recently, Itronics Korea have managed to stop some unauthorized sellers from selling their product from unknown sources at unreasonably low prices, even cheaper than manufacturer's selling prices in their local market.

We have recently been notified to pass down this warning msg to protect our valuable customer who are keen in Itronics.

Protect yourself from "FAKE".

Read the full report here (Extracted from Itronics Korea Page):

http://www.itronics.co.kr/2009/eng/company/news_view.php?seq=49

Apple-ct is one of the blacklisted.

Recently, Itronics Korea have managed to stop some unauthorized sellers from selling their product from unknown sources at unreasonably low prices, even cheaper than manufacturer's selling prices in their local market.

We have recently been notified to pass down this warning msg to protect our valuable customer who are keen in Itronics.

Protect yourself from "FAKE".
Read the full report here (Extracted from Itronics Korea Page):
http://www.itronics.co.kr/2009/eng/company/news_view.php?seq=49

Apple-ct is one of the blacklisted.

Hi Xavier right ? Let me ask you a frank question here if you wanted a nice new car and saw 2 sellers one is the AD and the other a PI both selling the exact same car but of course the PI is cheaper which one would you take ? I don't know about most people but given the warranty coverage being similar or equal I will take the PI route especially if the product is the same but price is nearly 1/2 of the AD.

At the end of the day the seller Apple-CT from ebay is providing a much wanted service, as his delivery is really fast and his products are GENUINE and NOT A FAKE, plus he gives a 1 to 1 exchange for defective products, so do you really think that customers really care where he got his stock ? A lot of people already have ordered from him and had a good experience so we all know he's not out there to rip people off. 

Feedback 

http://feedback.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=apple-ct&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&rt=nc&iid=261122259078&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

From the website you provided

l Purchase of stolen merchandise - Seems like NO ONE has gotten any of this.

l Inability to validate the original purchase date and ownership with the original sales receipt AND the transfer of ownership with any subsequent bill of sale - Who cares ? I go back to APPLE-CT for 1 to 1 exchange not itronics.

l Item shipped to you may be counterfeit, forged, or refurbished goods - Box opened all looks good everything is brand new. Stickers all intact wires all nicely wrapped up EVERYTHING was accounted for.

l Item may ship with serial numbers removed or modified - Once again who cares ? I plug it in, it works it cost me 1/2 of what AD are asking warranty is 1 to 1 for 1 year ermmm tell me whats the down side ?  

l Item may appear new but contain internal water damage or damage from improper use - Absolute rubbish, i've been using mine for the past 2 months plus, working beautifully all functions work as advertised.

l Item may never ship - contact with the seller may be difficult or impossible - Shipping is excellent see all his reviews nearly all his items arrive within 3-4 business days his ebay record is impeccable. If there was a problem it would be reflected in his feedback.

l Price may be inflated, incorrect, or changed after you place your order - Seems like only the local AD is charging almost 2X here.

l Inferior product may be substituted for the advertised product - Nope from what I've seen on youtube various unboxing everything is EXACTLY the same as what was shipped to me.

So whats the down side most people are asking ? Sure warranty is only 1 year here but I think so is buying from AD here, caveat here is I need to invest a bit of time and effort to ship back to korea for 1 to 1 exchange if anything goes wrong, it might take a couple of days but my car can still drive so i'm not too worried. And new products come on the market so fast in 1 year newer and better may be out in the market.

Bros here are free to make the choice of AD or PI thats the way its always been from everything from cars to car accessories, all available information is freely given and shared in the spirit of open and frank sharing at the end of the day its a personal choice cheers !

Edit seems like Apple-CT posts have been taken down from ebay for some reason, Info from Mcf

Full thread everything good and bad can be found below

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2683426

Those looking to buy ITB100, pls email apple-ct directly.
[email protected]

Or order from 

http://list.qoo10.sg/