• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

K&n air filter

Jasow99

From the way the air is routed from behind the front grill area if enclosed the source of air should have a cooler temperature while if left uncover may mean warmer air from engine bay will also be taken in. Guess no major issue if the air cleaner does what it's suppose to but without a dyno will be hard to know if any gain. If got will be insignificant would be my humble guess.

From the way the air is routed from behind the front grill area if enclosed the source of air should have a cooler temperature while if left uncover may mean warmer air from engine bay will also be taken in. Guess no major issue if the air cleaner does what it's suppose to but without a dyno will be hard to know if any gain. If got will be insignificant would be my humble guess.

Thanks! I'm just worry if the warmer air is not good for engine.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed that it is not advisable to go w/o cover .. changed to k&n in my previous pre-FL c200k, other than the warm air, I recalled the connection between and hose and filter was not very secured and the filter also became very dirty even with the cover on. I had previously also installed a Broquet Top Fueller 70, which gave better response but lesser on fuel saving as I was heavy footed. I moved it over to my 523i F10 when I changed my ride.

I had just removed the broquet recently when I sold it in end Jun 12, but has not found a suitable location in my new GS engine bay to install it .. bought it in Aug 10 from Autobac (with receipt) and only used around 60,000 km whilst it can last 400,000 km .. though price at Autobac has increased (special offer @ $944), willing to let go at $450 cash & carry .. for more details, please refer to the website www.broquet.com.sg

Let me know if you are interested : )

My only concern is that the filter isn't secured. If it is, I don't actually see any major concerns compared to other open pod filters.

Thanks! I'm just worry if the warmer air is not good for engine.

In theory, the warmer air isn't good for the engine but I don't see this method deferring too much from the open pod filter PH Trading is selling for the CGi engines. Is yours still open or have you closed it?

Maybe heat shield the airbox will bring some extra ponies?

Guys where did you install your K&N filter? E-2011 in particular. Care to share the cost?

Do check with our sponsors:

McWell:

Sonic Racing: http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/5136-kn-performance-air-filter/

• Like 1

Maybe heat shield the airbox will bring some extra ponies?

Guys where did you install your K&N filter? E-2011 in particular. Care to share the cost?

I got it from Sonic, one of the site sponsor.

In theory, the warmer air isn't good for the engine but I don't see this method deferring too much from the open pod filter PH Trading is selling for the CGi engines. Is yours still open or have you closed it?

BTW have you open up yours? If yes, did you just open up the cover or you also remove the funnel?

Mine still close, does the filter need to be secured or all you need to do is to open the cover?

Alamak, my tool cannot open the cover... Need to buy a set leh

I'm gonna try later today, I think I have the tools for it. My only concern till this point is there's nothing securing the filter. Don't want it to move out of place and some foreign object enter the engine.

I'm gonna try later today, I think I have the tools for it. My only concern till this point is there's nothing securing the filter. Don't want it to move out of place and some foreign object enter the engine.

Yaya, need to see if the filter is tight fit or not... Let me know later k

Yaya, need to see if the filter is tight fit or not... Let me know later k

The rubber holds the filter in place, seems enough to secure it as the filter still sits in the holder. Drove one round in my estate, filter still in position. But the sound it makes, oh my! Moaning... Sound with and without cover is like night and day.

post-105-0-36487800-1345598844_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-86791300-1345598846_thumb.jpg

Any ideas why there is a cover for the filter? Any expert here can share with us?