• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2016 A-Class Carplay

light

I just collected my 2016 A180 and to found out that the car does not have CarPlay. Does anyone know the reason why? From my understanding 2016 models of A Class should have carplay? I checked with my SE and was told that all mercedes do not have CarPlay. I find this rather strange when the booklet and websites all state that 2016 A class are equipped with carplay.

• Like 1

It's actually stated on the Mercedes SG website.

"Apple® CarPlay® is due to become available from early 2016."

yup it does. I guess we are in Mid 2016 now? so early 2016 should be long due? I just collected last week it is a FL A180.

Same reason I was given by CnC when I got my car, CnC will not have carplay. Which booklet or website are you referring to that mentions the A-Class would have carplay??

It states in the sales brochure for the A180. 

The websites are 

http://www.apple.com/sg/ios/carplay/available-models/

https://www.facebook.com/MercedesBenzSingapore/photos/a.153882221341219.33367.149434361786005/1014615655267867/?type=1&theater

http://www.oneshift.com/news/10419/mercedes-benz-releases-refreshed-a-class-here

I have sent an email to cycle and carriage regarding this matter and will update. 

Based on what I understand, CarPlay is only available with Comand NTG (I think it may be NTG5 for the 2016 models, similar to the C180 2016 models). Audio 20 will not be able to support CarPlay.

But I may be wrong though. Still researching on this topic as I would much like to have CarPlay (esp. with iOS 10 coming which spots lots of useful functions to use via CarPlay) but my ride is Nov 2015 model so it is another set of challenges. :(

Hi, sorry i have been rather busy. I did not get a reply from Cnc, but i did get a reply from my SE regarding all the above links. 

I was told that the images used and captions were to introduce Apple Car Play as a global feature with availability varying by region. CarPlay is not yet available in Singapore.

I still find it funny that this feature was advertised on Singapore based websites when it is a global feature when it will not be available in Singapore.

Hi, sorry i have been rather busy. I did not get a reply from Cnc, but i did get a reply from my SE regarding all the above links. 

I was told that the images used and captions were to introduce Apple Car Play as a global feature with availability varying by region. CarPlay is not yet available in Singapore.

I still find it funny that this feature was advertised on Singapore based websites when it is a global feature when it will not be available in Singapore.

Yup I asked the same question and the reply was that they were required by Mercedes Germany to include Carplay in their advertising. That's misleading advertising imho.

In the end decided to get from PI  -_-

Yup I asked the same question and the reply was that they were required by Mercedes Germany to include Carplay in their advertising. That's misleading advertising imho.

In the end decided to get from PI  -_-

Serphim, does PI car comes with carplay enabled??

Serphim, does PI car comes with carplay enabled??

Assuming the PI car is ordered from the UK (which usually is the case), CarPlay comes standard on all A Klasse since the beginning of these year. See page 40 of MB UK online brochure.

You'll also find other niceties like Thermotronic aircon and Keyless-GO that are not available locally (not even as an optional upgrade).

But then again, my car hasn't arrived yet so I'll believe it only when I see it!

Cannot believe everything their website, catalogue or promo material say. When I bot last year, their website under "car configuration" showed can upgrade to leather seats for $700. when i opted for it, My SE called me a few days later to say website not updated, that option not for SG (though its Merc CC SG site).

Look at the sales agreement.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was looking for this in my W246 too.

I had a word with the manager, and the current lot that is being made in Germany, and will arrive after November, A and B classes will have it as a 2k option. But new prices and deals will apply. 

None of the ones ordered prior to this will have it.

The other option is to go local at Elebest, but I am not sure if that voids the warranty.. cheers