• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

0-100km/h timing with piggyback

reddog

Hi all, i am a merc newbie. I read many post on piggyback. Many say `feel` better after installation. Some went dyno and saw paper gain. Wondering if anyone has on the road `hard data` on the timing of 0-100km/h timing before and after installation. E.g. reduced by 0.5sec or 1sec on the timing. Kindly share.... thanks.

Dyno test are usually conducted in optimal settings, with a large fan cooling the engine, grippy roller, sheltered area, etc. It will produce the most optimal results of the tune of the car. Be it 0-100, power, or torque gains. Real world tests vary with more factors. Weather conditions, road temperatures, evenness of road surface etc.

Plus dyno is conducted by "professionals" who knows what they're doing to get the best results vs everyday drivers like you and me doing "real world test".

What's your concern with dyno results? It's like going for MRI but asking the doctor for a physical examination result instead. Furthermore there's more to tuning than to just reducing the 0-100 timing.

• Like 1

hard data. perhaps a 1.6litre turbo-charged, with a piggyback, n sprint-booster can eats away a 250.. 

or even on-par with a 250(without sprint-boost) with piggyback too.

conclusion... it's something I thought worth spending $ on.

well, all down to indiviuals.too

hard data. perhaps a 1.6litre turbo-charged, with a piggyback, n sprint-booster can eats away a 250.. 

or even on-par with a 250(without sprint-boost) with piggyback too.

I think a bit too ambitious. A/CLA180 when mod with piggyback can go close to A/CLA200.... Not A/CLA250....even with sprint booster.

Generally speaking, a decent piggyback give 15-20% increase in bhp & torque. Some tuners claim as high as 30%, provided there's dyno evidence. Most drivers will feel significant difference just by the feel on the butt. It should behave like a bigger cc sibling.

or even on-par with a 250(without sprint-boost) with piggyback too.

Yes. Tuning C180 easily on par with C250 models.

How bout tuning a 250? Possible to par a 300 or 350?

For that I'm not too sure. It's possible to tune the C180 to match C250 as the hardware in the car is basically the same. What MB does basically is also tune to produce the difference performance output. Furthermore, it is easier to tune an under tuned car like the C180 and gain more performance compared to tuning an already higher output car to produce more power. For the C250, you might be able to squeeze a little bit more power out but I believe it should already be near it's max for the M271 engine.

For that I'm not too sure. It's possible to tune the C180 to match C250 as the hardware in the car is basically the same. What MB does basically is also tune to produce the difference performance output. Furthermore, it is easier to tune an under tuned car like the C180 and gain more performance compared to tuning an already higher output car to produce more power. For the C250, you might be able to squeeze a little bit more power out but I believe it should already be near it's max for the M271 engine.

Cool.. Make sense... In other words, 300 can be tuned to par 350... As its an undetuned engine....

but c180 is based on 1.6L and c250 on 2.0L

W204 C180 - 1.6L, C200 & C250 - 1.8L, both on the 4 cylinder platform.

A-Class (W176), CLA (C117), and the GLA (X156) also uses the same engine (M270) from the 180 model to the 250 model albeit the 250 model with a different displacement.

Same goes with the new C-Class W205, different displacement but the engine (M274) is basically the same throughout the range from 180 to 350 models.

When you get to a higher stage in tuning, there will probably come a point when nothing will beat raw displacement power. But at ECU flash and piggyback levels, it shouldn't be too difficult for the tuners to make gains on lower output engines on what is virtually the same basic hardware.