• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Turbocharged 1.6L W205

Bttfiii

when the car is advertised at 154bhp and 250Nm torque, are there certain conditions before the car reaches its potential? like the turbo effect doesn't kick in the first 3 gears? it feels more powerful only when i get past D4.

the pick up in comfort mode is quite sluggish

i can't imagine how the CLA180 performs with a lousier engine and heavier body

when the car is advertised at 154bhp and 250Nm torque, are there certain conditions before the car reaches its potential? like the turbo effect doesn't kick in the first 3 gears? it feels more powerful only when i get past D4.

the pick up in comfort mode is quite sluggish

i can't imagine how the CLA180 performs with a lousier engine and heavier body

bro...dun like tat say. cla 180 i think also same 1.6litre engine, only turbo tuning or turbo size diff only... not lousier engine.. =D

pick up sluggish, turbo effect no kick enough, maybe u can look for site sponsor for some monster solution.

• Like 1

I feel it is good on sports mode W205 C180 but comfort seems to be intentionally tuned to drive like 70 year old uncle which is weird cos it's supposed to be a "sports sedan". well, at least there is an option

anyway sprinting on SG roads is irrelevant - every 50m need to hard brake

worst case, use the paddle shifters!

The engine is severely underpowered for all the models, have it on the GLA and it feels like a slug - even funnier when i see a golf zipping past me when my foot is all the way down. As for the AMG 2L version, that one another story.

Golf GTI? Diff horsepower vs GLA

I feel it is good on sports mode W205 C180 but comfort seems to be intentionally tuned to drive like 70 year old uncle which is weird cos it's supposed to be a "sports sedan". well, at least there is an option

It's a trade off of fuel efficient / comfort vs speed.

I use paddle shift when need fast overtaking or switch to sport mode when driving during off peak hours.

I agree fr c180 w205 must put sports mode if you want quicker response...however after i put in a sprintbooster and set it to sports plus..my comfort mode is good enough..anyway c180 w205 built fr comfort...want speed..look fr the blue and white propeller...their 8 speed ZF gearbox is a gem

I feel it is good on sports mode W205 C180 but comfort seems to be intentionally tuned to drive like 70 year old uncle which is weird cos it's supposed to be a "sports sedan". well, at least there is an option

relevant la, why not relevant.. some singporeans like to be first in everything ma, like example first to reach the next traffic light also.. so sprinting is relevant la.. some may like it, some may not.

but this car setup is for worldwide also ar.

yes, u r right! there is an option. so if when needed, it's rdy at ur disposal.

btw sports mode ISN'T just quicker in gear shifting, and tweaking the car to more "agile" only. it allows u to drag ur engine till it's max limit before shifting to next gear, if u happen to "in need" flooring down gas paddle all the way.

what i mean is, E mode doesn't allows ur RPM to hit 6.8k before shifting to next gear. and also smoother and slower gear change due to comfort.

gear shifter purpose, is to, NOT let ur hand leaves the sterring wheel, in order to + / - gear, compare to the previous model w204, where there were gear shifter, and u left 1 hand on the wheel for split seconds, when the other do the + / -.  

I am driving W204 1.6l compressor, just be realistic this 1.6l engined C (180) class only for Singapore and India market. Anywhere you go minimum C200 with 184 horse power engine. My germany colleague laughed at my puny engine W204 with price tag for C350 in German. This is the price we pay for owning basic model merc in SG.

I am driving W204 1.6l compressor, just be realistic this 1.6l engined C (180) class only for Singapore and India market. Anywhere you go minimum C200 with 184 horse power engine. My germany colleague laughed at my puny engine W204 with price tag for C350 in German. This is the price we pay for owning basic model merc in SG.

no need to laugh... they have c160, 180, 200 etc in their country also..

w204 price tag is = buy c63 + c250 in germany i guess.

wanna buy car in SG, no need to compare with other countries. Camaro and Mustang only USD30k in USA....

COE and ARF are luxury tax. wanna live cheaply, can always use MRT

Taiwan and Japan also have C180 if I'm not wrong

relevant la, why not relevant.. some singporeans like to be first in everything ma, like example first to reach the next traffic light also.. so sprinting is relevant la.. some may like it, some may not.

but this car setup is for worldwide also ar.

yes, u r right! there is an option. so if when needed, it's rdy at ur disposal.

btw sports mode ISN'T just quicker in gear shifting, and tweaking the car to more "agile" only. it allows u to drag ur engine till it's max limit before shifting to next gear, if u happen to "in need" flooring down gas paddle all the way.

what i mean is, E mode doesn't allows ur RPM to hit 6.8k before shifting to next gear. and also smoother and slower gear change due to comfort.

gear shifter purpose, is to, NOT let ur hand leaves the sterring wheel, in order to + / - gear, compare to the previous model w204, where there were gear shifter, and u left 1 hand on the wheel for split seconds, when the other do the + / -.  

my old mazda paddle shifters have + and - on both sides. C180 is + one side and - one side... very strange, takes a bit of getting used to

yes definitely feel that Sports mode drags gear longer and more powerful. Comfort mode ngeh ngeh wanna change to D3 when it hits 30kph so D2->D3 always jerk if you accelerate too fast

sprinting too fast only means must brake hard..... after a while you realise it is quite pointless

i believe all makers have a reason behind in making "how things works". If not they spend so much on R&D for wat? right?

so to conclude, perhaps maybe, the old mazda during the olden days, at that point of time, the technology and the inventing concludes + /- on both sides is a convience to drivers...

but years later to come, mercedes thought that, it "might" posses danger, in the act of emergency, driver might press wrong, instead of wanting to down shift, but "gan chiong" press up shift.

all the above is i say one ar, wild guess ar. so to speak, we adapt.

maybe u would like to feedback the jerking experience to cnc, as car still under warranty.

after a while, whether u realise or not, the "S" mode is there rdy for ur usage. depending u wanna use or not. simply even if u find it not useful, also doesn't matter. but if u need it..... its there..  

cheers :thumbsu: