• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hit & Run - Car Scratches

Dear All,

Need some help and advice ... new ride less than 1 month old got scratched by some car.

Went out in the morning on my Camry and when I got back in the late noon today, scratches on the Merc.

Likely to have been hit by someone who didn't reverse properly ... sigh ... damn heartache ...

post-6342-0-56501300-1431249104_thumb.jpg

post-6342-0-54476600-1431249106_thumb.jpg

post-6342-0-87657800-1431249107_thumb.jpg

1. Any idea where can get good and affordable touchup/respray done?

2. Are there any DVR for vehicles which can do recording while the car is off?

Thanks and looking forward to advice and guidance from everyone!

Darksaint, can you share with me the workshop you know?

If u go back C&C likely is $600 to respray w 2 days downtime.
Outside workshop abt $180 to $200 w 1-2days downtime.

Recently dvr have bulit in battery cut off feature or can get normal dvr w power pack cut off feature

You can contact Sean from SAT motors. 94354710.

For installation of camera, i did it at poh lay accessories. Nice boss. I installed iRoad v7. Front and back. Wifi connected. Contact him (ah leong) at 94552473.

I kena exactly the same spot as well ....

Some kuku driver poor judgement and hit the car when they are reservsing into the space next to your car.

My suggestion .....

Go C&C Pandan and request for a free touch up paint ... try to polish off the scratches ... it will look better after the polish.

But if buay tahan .... go C&C to spray bumper .... Cycle will spray whole bumper ... maybe outside workshop will touch up the spot only ...be warned if the workmanship is poor, there will be obvious colour difference.

Some kuku driver poor judgement and hit the car when they are reservsing into the space next to your car.

My suggestion .....

Go C&C Pandan and request for a free touch up paint ... try to polish off the scratches ... it will look better after the polish.

But if buay tahan .... go C&C to spray bumper .... Cycle will spray whole bumper ... maybe outside workshop will touch up the spot only ...be warned if the workmanship is poor, there will be obvious colour difference.

C&C pandan no more free touch up paint.

$10.70 for one small bottle and definitely will not be nice to touch up for such obvious scratches.

My suggestion .....

Sigh ... sad man crap like this happens + no note.

Not sure if they will provide touch up paint but will give it a try tomorrow at Pandan first, if really pai kua go do spray paint.

You can contact Sean from SAT motors. 94354710.

For installation of camera, i did it at poh lay accessories. Nice boss. I installed iRoad v7. Front and back. Wifi connected. Contact him (ah leong) at 94552473.

Sean is doing paint works?

i kena once. some asshole trying to park head in and hit the same spot and my rims. my dvr captured his car, face and license plate. he hit liao, look look then reverse n drive off. i made a police report and send the footage to TP.

i kena once. some asshole trying to park head in and hit the same spot and my rims. my dvr captured his car, face and license plate. he hit liao, look look then reverse n drive off. i made a police report and send the footage to TP.

And the final outcome? What happened?

My suggestion .....

If car is quite new, should be easier to match the color as long as workshop have good workmanship right?

My suggestion .....

Hi Poolfan, how did you settle yours? You live with it or get it fix?

If car is quite new, should be easier to match the color as long as workshop have good workmanship right?

Better to provide them w the correct color code.

should not be difficult for experienced workshop to spray the whole bumper.

I guess so but I believe Cycle will ask you to spray the whole bumper ... outside contractor will spray only that area ... It should look nicer to spray the whole bumper.

Hi Poolfan, how did you settle yours? You live with it or get it fix?

Luckily my car is black ... so not so obvious. I polish off the "white markings" and touch up the paint.

I went to C&C Pandan, the SE advise me not to "waste" money .... so I live with it. But I never park at that particular lot in the MSCP anymore. Many kuku drivers around.

I can understand, your car is so new .... sure heart ache.

Sigh ... sad man crap like this happens + no note.

Not sure if they will provide touch up paint but will give it a try tomorrow at Pandan first, if really pai kua go do spray paint.

touch up sure ugly one because your bumper, the scratch already can see the bumber black rubber

which meant the suface is rough, need to sand it down which meant will affect a bigger area and using touch up paint for a bigger area will sure looks like

sore thumb, since your ride is so new, no choice, need to spend the $$, if not everyday you sure stare at that part till u buay tahan

Bro, not difficult job to respray and some workshop can do it in a day. U leave the car there in the morning n can collect in the evening.

My car camera installed by Autospritz, Ah Boon, hp 81633839...nicely done.

I also kana one time when my car just few months old and one Ah Beng reverse into my car and then refuse to give me his license details and want to beat me up when I want to call the police. So after that incident, I install car camera.

• Like 1