• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Have you tested the a180 style? Or did they let u test the urban ver? The front grill, rims, headlights, rear exhaust of the style line are not visually appealing. If you are not into fabric coloured trim, ask to change to full leather interior and note that the style line while having a comfort suspension, makes the A180 have a strange height. It will be like driving in between of a GLA and A class urban/sport

Thanks! The harmon kardon option is quite ex, but i guess i'll bite my finger and go thru it. Blindspot assist should be standard as far as i know for the latest 2014 model.

As for the grills and suspension stuff, will the ride be very hard or is there any settings that i can adjust?

I asked for a style-model to test drive and as far as i can remember, the ride was quite comfy and smooth.

If u tested the style and you like it then no issues at all. The style line comes with comfort suspension so no dynamic change it's fixed.

For mine I tested the urban and was kinda surprised at the diff btw the style and urban. It's like the same car but totally diff drive

• Like 1

Hi, I just took delivery of my A180 AMG-Line about a week back n have never regret paying for the extras (panoramic roof, red seat belt, diamond grille etc). Initially signed for the style but changed our mind a few days later when we spotted a A250 on the road. Wait for about 6months due to 4months delivery n 2months homologation at LTA. The outcome was worth the wait. Go for options that u need and the looks that is acceptable to you. Merc options don't come cheap n I felt the safety gadget on the basic car is suffice else too much stuff to monitor...

• 3 weeks later...

Can bros with A180 Style share how you maintain the fabric part of the seats? Mine is black leather and white fabric...when I use wet tissue to wipe the white fabric part, it leave a light brown stain. ...

I just committed to a A180 Style with the black leather & white fabric seats. 

Is the brown stain bcos the fabric has not completely dried ?  I am thinking of using those 3M fabric protection spray to prevent stains. Good to hear how others do it too.

The reverse camera (along with several other accessories & service credits) was offered as "free gifts" if I took up their car loan ($60k, 2.28%, 3yrs, 78% rule).

The price difference between Style & Urban was $9k.

Was disappointed the Style does not come with LED lights (was offered $3k to upgrade). They have a A4 list showing the price of each type of optional upgrades ... as mentioned above, pretty steep.

Am very tempted to book the A180 on the latest pricing!

Checked with SE difference between a180 style + amg line and a180 urban + amg line ..

SE told me no difference - i tot there are other differences like the headlight clusters?

Prob my SE too lazy....

Which package would bros here choose a180 style + amg or a180 + amg?

Prob thinking to add the Harmon kardon package - bros who have installed - is it worth the money?

Any one has good se to recommend?

Cheers

• Like 1

Am very tempted to book the A180 on the latest pricing!

Checked with SE difference between a180 style + amg line and a180 urban + amg line ..

SE told me no difference - i tot there are other differences like the headlight clusters?

Prob my SE too lazy....

Which package would bros here choose a180 style + amg or a180 + amg?

Prob thinking to add the Harmon kardon package - bros who have installed - is it worth the money?

Any one has good se to recommend?

Cheers

Care to share who is the lazy SE? Business must be too good.

I am not sure whether the stain was due to incomplete dryness of the fabric. Where can you get the 3M fabric protection spray? Does it remove existing stains?

Believe the product is also called Scotch Guard. Can be purchased at HomeFix I think

Dont think it will remove existing stains. More preventive application

Care to share who is the lazy SE? Business must be too good.

Haha blackmercs - don't name here lah dun break their rice bowl irregardless pm u if u wan haha

U got good SE to recommend?

So no bros bought a180 with amg kit - hope some can share the pics if possible

Haha blackmercs - don't name here lah dun break their rice bowl irregardless pm u if u wan haha

U got good SE to recommend?

So no bros bought a180 with amg kit - hope some can share the pics if possible

Haha no problem we do the pm-ing then :)

I just read through the entire 83-page A-Class catalogue (printed in 2014) & compared with the locally printed A4 sized A-Class brochure.

The various packages & models being offered locally seems to be a mixture of the various options from the catalogue.

The catalogue describes A-Class with Standard, Style, Urban, AMG packages, which are different to what is locally offered (example Catalogue's Style comes with LED lights, but Halogen in local package. Catalogue's Style only had 6-gear transmission, but local package has upgraded to 7-gear DGT).

For a definitive list of what each package comprise of, ask the SE to go through the locally printed A4 brochure for the A-Class item by item, then refer to the catalogue for description of the items.

I placed my order before the new CEV rebate was announced. I have yet to hear from my SE what will happen if the stock only arrives in Jul15 when the new CEVs rebate takes effect. Will C&C keep to the agreed price or will they ask me to top-up ? What do you think ?