• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GPS

Quad088

My A250 came with so called FOC GPS . This GPS is worst than the Garmin I have. It cannot zoom in vertical mode, which means if you are travelling along NS highway or any roads you cannot determine what is 2 kilometers ahead of you.Even in 3D mode cannot actually zoom out to see what is 3 kilometers ahead .

Need Gurus here to advise is there a better GPS that can be loaded . thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 3rd gear , pls advise how to get the 'command' 

I just wonder how on earth , C&C top management could select this vendor to provide lousy GPS that cannot zoom out , even NTUC taxi has better GPS that can zoom out more than 4 kilometers ahead 

If you don't want to fork out the $$$ for the COMAND,

You might wanna consider a Garmin GVN53 GPS "Black Box".

inputs by wireless remote.

it use a SD Card and you can load free Garmin Maps from Malsingmaps or Malfreemaps which give free map updates every few weeks.

Or you might wanna consider Aigis Maps window CE base allowing you have touch screen gps, but maps Imho not as frequent updates as Garmin.

You will also need a after mkt MMI Multi Media Interface solution.

I guess your current CnC GPS & RC probably connected to one.

with the MMI, you can add inputs for DVD player, RC, Digital TV, etc.

The site sponsor like Elebest will be able to help you base on your budget and advise you what you want.

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Had Comand in my previous ride. The graphics is ok, but it seriously lack database, a lot of addresses in S'pore cannot be found,....don't even mention M'sia. Had the maps updated thrice & I still can't locate premium outlet in Johor (as an eg.). One needs to agar agar if the Comand does not recognise the address. For example, if Blk 37 in AMK St. 11 is unavailable, u have to enter the next nearest Blk which can be Blk 50. Quite frustrating sometimes.

• Like 1

does COMAND work around traffic or show congestions? i find that lacking in most GPS w/o internet connection.

Google Maps and Waze still gets my vote for the real-time updates.

Waze gets my vote on that too. And I have a kickass sword next to my waze character. :D

I left my rides with C&C for 3 days to checked the GPS . At times is took 40 minutes to get connected in open space (NE Highway & CTE). On the third day I collected my car and C&C said their usual statement "we checked and found no problem". I went off and after 10 minutes still no signal I head back to C&C and they kept silent . C&C sold premium cars but they offer cheapo service !

• Like 1

I left my rides with C&C for 3 days to checked the GPS . At times is took 40 minutes to get connected in open space (NE Highway & CTE). On the third day I collected my car and C&C said their usual statement "we checked and found no problem". I went off and after 10 minutes still no signal I head back to C&C and they kept silent . C&C sold premium cars but they offer cheapo service !

Agreed!

Their aftermarket solutions is not their cup of tea! :)

Even original MB retrofits at times they do have hiccups!

When I wanted to retrofit original MB Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE),

I've to send "my regards to their parents" on pricing and technical know how before they did it.

1st they said my car not suitable.

I told them my car can do retrofit of RSE and I can give them the step by step assembly instructions.

They then took a step back.

Then wanted to charge me S$10,000 for the complete RSE retrofit.

I told them I can buy the RSE hardware from any world wide MB dealer for <S$3,000

and CnC going to charge me >S$7,000 in labor charges?

Then finally CnC Technical Manager appeared and spoke to me.

Eventually I believe I was the 1st MB in Singapore they retroffited RSE.

The rest became history and after that they start offering this RSE retrofit option.

I believe currently going at S$3,000+ :)

• Like 3

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

their sold premium cars and still wants to reap off premiumly :money: but their services is dirt cheap .

Once my wipers have rubbing sound during down stroke , they service asked me whether do I send my car for car wash , I said yes  and they said car wash shampo  has deteriorated the rubber compound and require to replaced at SGD 110 . The second time is occurred after  send to C&C for the last namo polishing , the rubbing sound occurs again so I send in to checked and told them it occurs after the nano polishing , they never replaced the wiper, they cleaned by windscreen instead of replacing ! - C&C are real cheapo and the people who sit at the service department are real craps!

• 2 weeks later...

gentle persuasion i have tried the first 4 times ! nothing works . They will tries to wrap you round their fingers and the same old music 'We checked and found nothing wrong' which can be concluded the workshop people and front line servicemen competency is on the surface. The workshop manager I spoke with is good however he is always busy and has to make appointment with him