• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Static sound from speaker when start the car

Bro... need help here.

Past few months I started getting static sound ( sudden amp sound )

And to made things worst, I faced with flat battery 3X already and had to called AA to jump start ( 1X I actually change to a new battery by AA )

And the AA guy was also puzzle and start to check if there any current leakage from battery ( YES, there are small "spark" )

Can any nice Bro share with me his experiences / advise please. 

My ride E200 CGI model 2010

Just happened or after some electrical devices mods? If yes, isolate the new mods and try again.

Statics sound from speaker after installation of Amp more than 1 year back. Actual went back to the installer and he claimed this is normal ( which I do not think so ? )

Flat battery only recent 2 months only after new battery was change in April 2014 only.

Recent months changes was (1) AMG steering wheel (2) New Color Speedometer Cluster

which i think do not have any related issue to flat battery.... i hope

Orh so many mods arh. Is hard to pin point but sometime the problem can be resolved if you get the right sifu. Share with u a true story. I know a guy who spend almost $700 plus to replace the lower arm and many arm thingy. Due to everytime he brakes there are knocking sound. Then he went to Top93 the sifu found the cause of the issue.

6C56F091-5CB8-4730-8F79-FE8F6AFA559E-473

Yes, is a wrought iron sample for HDB gate. The ex owner is a renovation contractor.

• Like 1

From what I read, I think it could due to faulty alternative not getting the battery charge up despite you having the battery replaced. Have you got it checked already?

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

You'll need to find a mech good with electricial then

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

My previous car has had this issue before, ground it and it's good to go.

Another problem might be the internal capacitor or component is giving way, got to change the whole amp.

Better to get workshop people to check, maybe ah boon @autospritze can help :)

Sounds like what they call "puay kee" sound!........eeee.eeeeee.....eeeeeeee

can be from alternator, grounding, power and speaker cables bunched together, RCA cables, amp,etc,

It take time, step by step to isolate problem from speakers, amp/amps, power cables, speaker cables, grounding, RCA cables, etc

An ICE installer worth his salt will not run power cables and speaker cables next to each other

Car Audio like AutoSpritze Ah Boon should be able to troubleshoot the cause of your noise!

Battery should not go flat unless it's internally shorted and cannot store charges, end of cycle life or there's a current drain even when the car is not driven.

If it's the 1st 2 problems you have taken care of it by changing a new battery.

Last but not least hope it's not an alternator problem which cannot charge up your battery fully.

Threre is another known problem for PFL W212 when the original alternator is completely replaced and the original sensor on the old alternator is not been used back on the new alternator. (Know at least 2 PFL W212 with this problem - solution - take out the new sensor and your brake hold function do not work. ;( 

Car Audio like Ah Boon should be to take care of this problem too!

I am not related to Ah Boon but he has helped me lots!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bro

Just to update on my recent battery drainage issue.

Last week I left my car to my workshop for 2 full days ( while I'm oversea ) to check if there any current leakage from my other devices such as HU, Amp, Car Camera etc....

To my surprised, the workshop cannot detect any current leakage at all ( so no charge )

On that night I decided to explore again, and i found my Audison Bit One controller ( which is mounted inside my cigarette tray ) got lighted up ( power on ) even I lock the 

car...... try again and it off.... try again.... it still power on, even I lock off my car.

Yesterday I bring down my car to my audio guys and they did the following and hope to solve the battery drainage issue :-

(1) Replace the Audioson Bit One Processor + Controller ( which having intermittent issue ) to Alpine PHX-8000

(2) Shift the power on to Ignition Switch instead of direct to HU ( Merc E200 )

Hope to share my trouble and hope to solve my problem. 

Hi Bro

Just to update on my recent battery drainage issue.

Last week I left my car to my workshop for 2 full days ( while I'm oversea ) to check if there any current leakage from my other devices such as HU, Amp, Car Camera etc....

To my surprised, the workshop cannot detect any current leakage at all ( so no charge )

On that night I decided to explore again, and i found my Audison Bit One controller ( which is mounted inside my cigarette tray ) got lighted up ( power on ) even I lock the 

car...... try again and it off.... try again.... it still power on, even I lock off my car.

Yesterday I bring down my car to my audio guys and they did the following and hope to solve the battery drainage issue :-

(1) Replace the Audioson Bit One Processor + Controller ( which having intermittent issue ) to Alpine PHX-8000

(2) Shift the power on to Ignition Switch instead of direct to HU ( Merc E200 )

Hope to share my trouble and hope to solve my problem. 

thank you for sharing..

so eventually its still ICE problem.