• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car too low?

lks328

Hi, i have driven W212FL Avg for 2.5 months. Very good car. Except i hit the bottom chassis 2-3 times during this period, while going over humps and ramp up from basement carpark.

Is the suspension too low? Will this cause major damage to my car?

I been driving very slowly when approaching humps but still....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HUMPS are suspension killer!

Treat them with respect!

If you go to Mercedes Benz Center - Alexandra - You will see a sign in the open car park - "Killer Hump"

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I just collected my W212FL Avg last week. According to the spec our ride is lower than the Elegance variant. I find the height acceptable but I guess everything is relative. My previous ride was really low and the bottom chassis was hit so many times that I lost count. I think I was "trained" to be extra careful over hump now. Even the SA noticed that during my test drive. I find turning the steering wheel slightly reduces the chances of getting hit, but I don't have to do that for my new car.

I just collected my W212FL Avg last week. According to the spec our ride is lower than the Elegance variant. I find the height acceptable but I guess everything is relative. My previous ride was really low and the bottom chassis was hit so many times that I lost count. I think I was "trained" to be extra careful over hump now. Even the SA noticed that during my test drive. I find turning the steering wheel slightly reduces the chances of getting hit, but I don't have to do that for my new car.

Thx for all the replies.

Beware when u go over higher humps and drviing down to basement carpark.. Especially when carrying ppl.. It hits easily..

For the humps that i can slide over, i will gladly do it.

For the humps that i must carefully climb over with very slow speed, i will also gladly do it.

Dun RISK...i had 2 rims damaged due to NOT spotting a badly maintained Hump with worn out paint and went over like 40-50km/hr.

Kena scolding by passengers plus must pay money to change new RIMs.

Everytime I reverse into the parking lot (no passengers) the rear bodykit will rub the wheelstops. Yet I have no choice but to reverse deeper into the parking lot because if I don't, the front will be sticking too far out. After the 1st few days, I give up liao. Just reverse lah. No choice.  :stuff: