• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fox Exhaust on W204

roberthatwork

If your W204 has a Kompressor engine, then there are only 2 options, if I am not mistaken, for a quad exhaust setup that is around the 2K mark.  Fox is one of them and I installed it a few weeks back.  Some photo and thoughs to share.

post-4537-0-35480500-1413027688_thumb.jpg

The original exhaust is cut out.  You can not change it back as welding is required and will most likely not pass LTA inspection.

post-4537-0-55476900-1413027772_thumb.jpg

Engraving on the muffler.  Excellent craftsmanship, although you will never see it again after installation. :P  Serial number of the muffler is also engraved on the side of the exhaust.

post-4537-0-51237800-1413027843_thumb.jpg

The logo looks nice.

post-4537-0-20114500-1413028164_thumb.jpg

Rear view.  1mm gap between the tips and the diffuser. Snug. Precise.

The sound is amazing, more of a aggressivly tuned sound rather than pure muscle.  At stationary not much noise.  After 2000rpm, it comes alive and is LOUD.  Do not expect it to sound like C63 and you will not be disappointed, LOL.  After all, this is not a V8!  Will post the sound clip later.

Finally, fuel consumption goes up (as expected, pressing the gas paddle too much :P), and don’t feel the loss of back pressure (maybe because mine is not turbo). 

The installation workmanship at BMS is excellent.  Good job Ah Boy!!

• Like 2

Exhaust in this price range (Fox/NAP/Piecha - senior bro do correct me if I am wrong) are all "bolted" on for W204.  Basically, after the orignal exhaust was cut out, you then slide over the new pipe and tighten it with a pipe clamp.

What I meant was that you can not put the original exhaust back as it will need to be welded back and LTA will not allow (so I was told).

Din know LTA allow exhaust to be welded instead of bolt on.

Is there no bolt on model? I always thought that model specific exhaust is bolt on.

Hope your exos will not be an issue when your car is due for inspection!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Hi Robert, thank you for the review and really glad that you like the FOX Exhaust System!!!  :rock: 

To those who have sent in enquiries & keen to know more about FOX Exhaust System, BMS Motorsports Pte Ltd is currently having a FOX Promo for SGMERC members!!! Do check out our folder under the Site Advertisers to find out more

Robert, here's an evening shot of your ride!!! Cheers!!!

post-1025-0-36775900-1413209726_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...