• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Chip Soon doesn't allow others to bring Stockist parts anymore

Rosybaby73

There was a time when I just my car guru buddies which workshop can allow us to bring our own parts because we may have our own brand preference.

He replied me, It is like bring own tea bag to kopitiam and ask for hot water.  I can only put up with a grin.

reminds me of olden days when my grandma will bring an egg from home to the fried carrot cake stall to add egg onto the fried carrot cake....so lovely.   :bbq:

• Like 4

I've changed my shocks there before. Brought it there after buying frm Goldenlink. Jason told me they have stopped doing BYOP. He still did it for me 1x only. He explained that sometimes the parts may not function well, eg springs and shocks squeak, and they have to spend quite a bit of time troubleshooting.. Sometimes to find the very parts defective.

Anyway had my car servicing at Chip Soon and Auto spritze before.... Will choose Chip Soon anytime... :)

I've changed my shocks there before. Brought it there after buying frm Goldenlink. Jason told me they have stopped doing BYOP. He still did it for me 1x only. He explained that sometimes the parts may not function well, eg springs and shocks squeak, and they have to spend quite a bit of time troubleshooting.. Sometimes to find the very parts defective.

Anyway had my car servicing at Chip Soon and Auto spritze before.... Will choose Chip Soon anytime... :)

Hi, can pm me why you prefer Chip Soon.  Thank you.

A couple weeks back when I went to chip Soon to fix rear brake bulb, Jason did it for me and he did mentioned about the same on bringing own parts. He also told me about bad experience where there was once someone who fixed up some parts from another workshop but did not fix it properly and cannot resolve it. That guy eventually went to seek chip soon's help but despite all their efforts, still cannot resolve and that guy started to put blame on them. Guess this has somehow made them not to entertain BYOP. Personally I find their service and response are pretty good. Price is reasonable. As far I know, Jason came from CnC background. I would go to them for my servicing next time.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Nothing has changed. I still do that. Hahaha… *cheapskate*

It was sweet memories till you hahaha at my grandma and label her actions cheapskate...OMG...you are cruel.

A couple weeks back when I went to chip Soon to fix rear brake bulb, Jason did it for me and he did mentioned about the same on bringing own parts. He also told me about bad experience where there was once someone who fixed up some parts from another workshop but did not fix it properly and cannot resolve it. That guy eventually went to seek chip soon's help but despite all their efforts, still cannot resolve and that guy started to put blame on them. Guess this has somehow made them not to entertain BYOP. Personally I find their service and response are pretty good. Price is reasonable. As far I know, Jason came from CnC background. I would go to them for my servicing next time.

Very true. My prefer workshop too.

• 5 weeks later...

Just had my car serviced there yesterday. Did the major 60K servicing (ATF oil, Brake Fluids, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, aircon filter) less Engine Oil which was done at C&C to maintain warranty.

Must say that service is very good. Jason explains to you patiently and the mechanic was ever ready to accommodate requests. Price wise was reasonable and car was serviced in 2hrs+. Guess i have found a reliable workshop to maintain the car after warranty ends in Jan 15. Thumbs up!

Chip soon says they never allowed anyone to bring Stockist parts. Ended up at Auto Spritz which agreed to fix my speed sensor labor charge only. Now I'm a loyal fan of auto spritz

it seems that Auto Spritze has 2 branches, one at Eunos and one at Kim Chuan?

both branches allow us to bring stockist parts?

• Like 1

Just went chip soon today.

Change brake pads at 30k. I think city driving eats into my front brake pads.

Changes front rotor and ate pads including labour 530 sgd. 30 mins job.

Checked with Jason no more BYO parts.

I was at Chip Soon to change tyres recently.

I ordered my tyres from tyrepac and sent them there for fitting. 

Service was not bad. They also recommend me to change both my front and rear brake disc and pads and wear sensors.

They quote me almost 1k for that. I think it is too expensive, maybe going to try look for alternatives.

Jason also quoted me $208 for just the basic servicing. is it too ex?

where do you all go for servicing normally?

I was at Chip Soon to change tyres recently.

I ordered my tyres from tyrepac and sent them there for fitting. 

Service was not bad. They also recommend me to change both my front and rear brake disc and pads and wear sensors.

They quote me almost 1k for that. I think it is too expensive, maybe going to try look for alternatives.

Jason also quoted me $208 for just the basic servicing. is it too ex?

where do you all go for servicing normally?

For my Front and Rear brake discs + pads + sensor, i bought from stockists and changed at MBM Wheelpower. This arrangement costs me about $830 +/-. So if Chip Soon charges u $1k, its still ok as he needs to do mark-up on the parts. but think of it another way, pay $1k at chip Soon still save about $600 compared to C&C price of $1.6K.

For my Front and Rear brake discs + pads + sensor, i bought from stockists and changed at MBM Wheelpower. This arrangement costs me about $830 +/-. So if Chip Soon charges u $1k, its still ok as he needs to do mark-up on the parts. but think of it another way, pay $1k at chip Soon still save about $600 compared to C&C price of $1.6K.

For your Front and Rear brake discs + pads + sensor, how much did you pay?

did you get the original ones or third-party ones?

How much does MBM charge for labour?

For your Front and Rear brake discs + pads + sensor, how much did you pay?

did you get the original ones or third-party ones?

How much does MBM charge for labour?

I forgotten how much was the breakdown in terms of parts and labour.

All the parts were original ones. You can try calling the stockists like Goldenlink and Min Ghee for the parts and labour cost can then be deduced from my earlier post.