• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to AMG ownership. If your cars is a C&C car, you don't really have a choice.

Check if they have quoted you correctly, your car won't need a LSD oil change and won't use as much oil as the V8.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Welcome to AMG ownership. If your cars is a C&C car, you don't really have a choice.

Check if they have quoted you correctly, your car won't need a LSD oil change and won't use as much oil as the V8.

Its oil in rear axle.... Was told to change at 3000km but US CLA forum is claiming 15000km.

Advisable to do engine oil change after "run-in" or 15000km as per manual?

Its oil in rear axle.... Was told to change at 3000km but US CLA forum is claiming 15000km.

I don't know about your car but my manual states an engine oil change immediately after run in so I did it.

The rear differential oil change after run in is only mandatory for cars with LSD, so it depends.

Always insist on following the manual.

My car didn't have a LSD but they changed the oil anyway and charged me for it so I was not happy and did make my point clear to them.

- Albert Camus

I don't know about your car but my manual states an engine oil change immediately after run in so I did it.

The rear differential oil change after run in is only mandatory for cars with LSD, so it depends.

Always insist on following the manual.

My didn't have a LSD but they changed the oil anyway and charged me for it so I was not happy and did make my point clear to them.

- Albert Camus

ok just finished the rear axle oil change in 2hrs...... claimed its required after 3000km and $160+ so heck it.... Oil servicing though is quoted at 600+ though for 4.5L engine oil

Weird thing is no invoice.... Will post me instead after deducting from my service credit.... Is this normal?

ok just finished the rear axle oil change in 2hrs...... claimed its required after 3000km and $160+ so heck it.... Oil servicing though is quoted at 600+ though for 4.5L engine oil

Weird thing is no invoice.... Will post me instead after deducting from my service credit.... Is this normal?

it's normal. they will give you the service report on the day and the tax invoice will be sent to you.

wah... oil change alr 600plus... out of my leauge

• 2 weeks later...

I did my first servicing 2 weeks ago, they changed the engine and rear axle oil. Sent in at 9am and collected it by 12pm, without washing the car as they are going for lunch and I did not want to wait longer.

They deducted $600+ from my service credit. No invoice given but need to sign a job sheet. I have received the invoice by mail one week later.

I did my first servicing 2 weeks ago, they changed the engine and rear axle oil. Sent in at 9am and collected it by 12pm, without washing the car as they are going for lunch and I did not want to wait longer.

They deducted $600+ from my service credit. No invoice given but need to sign a job sheet. I have received the invoice by mail one week later.

how much did they charge for the engine oil change?

I know the rear axle oil change is about 160.... Just to be sure.....

Still puzzled about the no invoice part.

• 1 year later...

My Service A for my W205 c class at cnc was $505 after gst...was charged $30 more for request to use mobil 1 oil instead of shell helix..used 7 litres...forgot to ask them to not add the windshield solvent..could have saved $9. However lucky i check my repair sheet n bill..found 2 items supposedly under warranty but charged $29 which was to oil and adjust my bonnet coil spring due to alignment issue and got them to waive it..