• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Staggered wheels on FWD

wj13

Hi.

Am getting my CLA200 next week and was eyeing on the C63 19" multispoke rims. Found a shop which sells the replica rim and was told it only comes in staggered. Did some research and it seems unadvisable as it would cause understeer. I'm worried if it might affect handling.

5843-web.jpg

Would any bros care to highlight the pros and cons? 

Thanks

All AMG rims are staggered....so as many other brands....  Don see any issue here....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Being FWD, there's no benefit in going staggered. RWD needs more rubber contact area for better traction when powered hard, thus staggered. Frankly, the C63 19" will not fit your CLA. The offset is all wrong.

IMO, you are better of getting the CLA 45 19'.

This is for your reference

post-2728-0-70215200-1397561088_thumb.jpg

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I'm just going for the design of the rims. Don't care if staggered or not but now the rims only come in staggered. Do you have a pic of the cla45 19'?

If you're just going for the looks, then the staggered wheels won't matter unless you say you're gonna race with them. Since when did understeer or oversteer affect daily city driving? Most of the time you aren't even going remotely fast enough for it to matter.

And yes, fuel consumption does increase due to the energy required to spin a wider and larger wheel.

Being FWD, there's no benefit in going staggered. RWD needs more rubber contact area for better traction when powered hard, thus staggered. Frankly, the C63 19" will not fit your CLA. The offset is all wrong.

IMO, you are better of getting the CLA 45 19'.

It's a replica...so they should have several offset versions

You're dethpicable. 

IMO, staggered set up for FWD looks weird.....like putting a Quattro sticker on an Altis. Even the CLA 45 is not staggered for a good reason. In any case, it's your car & preference....as long as u r happy go for it.

• Like 1

Just to clarify once and again (already did in my first post). I didn't not choose to have a staggered setup. It's just that the rims I want only are only available in staggered. Hence I started this topic to see if there is any downside to it.

Anyone knows whats the wheel configuration for Cclass? Or perhaps where to get the infor?

Cos its abit difficult to hunt for rims not know the configuration.

Many thanks

W204 original staggered rims

Front Wheels: 7.5JX17, offset 47mm, tire (225/45/17)

Rear Wheels: 8.5JX17, offset 58mm, tire (245/40/17)

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Anyone knows if its okay for a cclass rim to be: 

front offset 45 tire (235 35 19)

back offset 45 (235 35 19)

Will there be any issues??

Yes...can be fitted. Shouldn't have any issue.