• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Mount, Heads Up - replaced at 70k, no warranty

ping911

Car is just slightly below 3 years and done 70k. Noticed however there was vibration from engine and chassis and confirmed it was engine mounts at C&C. Note that warranty covers engine mounts up to 60k only. So if you notice slight vibration on engine, get it changed prior to car reaching 60k.

Costs for repairs at C&C.

Engine mount parts (3) - $598/-

Labor -$192

TOTAL = $790

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car is just slightly below 3 years and done 70k. Noticed however there was vibration from engine and chassis and confirmed it was engine mounts at C&C. Note that warranty covers engine mounts up to 60k only. So if you notice slight vibration on engine, get it changed prior to car reaching 60k.

Costs for repairs at C&C.

Engine mount parts (3) - $598/-

Labor -$192

TOTAL = $790

Thanks for the heads up..mine reaching soon, better get them to change.

• 1 year later...

Anyone confirmed CnC still warrant the engine mount up to 60k km? Was told at Pandan Service Centre that it is classified as wear n tear thus no warranty on engine mount.

Do a search, topic has been discussed numerous times.

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/15058-went-to-changing-engine-mounting/

FYI, the answer is yes. Warranty covers engine mounts up to 60000km. If your SA is kind enough, he'll inform you on when you mileage is close.

Thanks markcwq, this is not what my SA and the Pandan Service Centre is saying, do you or anyone have names in CnC I can confirm the warranty? Thanks!  

As mentioned in the other thread, a few of us including myself got our engine mountings changed at C&C right before the 60000km mark. I just got mine changed last August 2013, unless they changed their policy since then.

Read the warranty coverage for all Mercedes Benz vehicles leaflet from CnC. Stated clearly that engine mounting are classified under wear and tear items and are NOT covered under warranty. This was given to me when I bought my car last year August.

Read the warranty coverage for all Mercedes Benz vehicles leaflet from CnC. Stated clearly that engine mounting are classified under wear and tear items and are NOT covered under warranty. This was given to me when I bought my car last year August.

No point arguing or anything, bottom line is there are numerous cases of us getting ours changed under warranty. I also have a warranty card that shows it's not covered, however I didn't pay a cent when it was replaced.

Did a Service A for 45k millage @ C&C. Complained abt excessive engine vibrations felt at such low millage and the SA called to confirm that engine mounts needed to be replaced. I was pretty surprised as I didn't expect engine mounts to wear and tear @ 45k.

Wasn't told about the warranty covering the engine mounts but instead the SA said he waived the charges out of "goodwill".
Whatever it is, I didn't pay for the engine mounts except for the gear mounts which was also highlighted in earlier posts.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...